The first $10 gold piece (Eagle) was specified by the coinage authority Act of April 2, 1792, and first issued in 1795 with the rare Capped Bust To Right Small Eagle reverse. This design was quickly replaced with the Heraldic Eagle reverse of 1797 to 1804. Eagles were not produced again until 1838, when the Liberty Head without motto was issued. This is also the first time the denomination, “Ten D.”, was shown on the reverse. In 1866, the motto “IN GOD WE TRUST” was added above the eagle on the Liberty Head design lasting until 1907, when the Indian Head design was introduced without the motto from 1907 to 1908. The motto was added to the reverse in 1908 and the variety was issued through 1933.